Educational GrantsEducational Grants:
Allergan will consider educational grant requests from academic institutions, medical centers, medical organizations, scientific congresses, professional associations, and patient advocacy organizations to provide financial support for healthcare professional as well as patient education. Examples of the types of accredited professional educational programs that Allergan will consider supporting include: education for physician continuing medical education (CME) and continuing education (CE) programs for pharmacists, nursing (NPs, RNs), physician assistants (PAs), grand round educational programs, and accredited education at medical conferences. Allergan only considers educational grants that have been submitted to multiple funding entities.
A statement indicating that the educational grant has been submitted to multiple funding sources must be present in the letter of request.
The letter of request submitted by a qualified institution or organization must include a detailed description of the educational activity for which funding is requested, including:
- Letter of request on institution/organization letterhead
- Location and timing of the activity and expected audience
- Needs assessment and learning objectives
- Budget (total budget and amount requested by Allergan)
- Learning outcomes evaluation plan
Allergan supports charitable 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations, including support for patient education, patient support activities, or general fundraising activities for organizations that may benefit the public, advance medical care, and improve patient outcomes. Monetary or product donations are provided for purely philanthropic reasons to support specific charitable organizations or programs.
The required documents for charitable donations requests include:
- A description of the program and its objectives
- IRS determination letter confirming the organization's 501(c)(3) tax status
- IRS Form W-9 Tax Identification Number and Certification
Please note, all product donations must be:
- Only donated to licensed medical and healthcare professionals;
- Cannot be transferred in exchange for money, other property, or services; and
- Cannot be billed to any third-party payer (public or private)
Submit all documents to grants@Allerganpharm.com.